[vlc] Re: [question] About VideoLAN....

Eric Petit titer at videolan.org
Wed Jun 4 01:09:38 CEST 2003

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003, Paul Forgey wrote:
> I actually have the opposite question.  I'm building vlc from cvs and I
> just can't get libmpeg2 to compile on Red Hat 9 (nor the CVS version).
> If I use --disable-libmpeg2, it doesn't try to use libmpeg2, but it
> also won't decode any mpeg2 streams either.  Is there a way to
> configure vlc to use the old mpeg2 codec?  Even better, is there a
> particular date or revision of libmpeg2 the vlc maintainers are using?

 Try <http://videolan.org/pub/testing/contrib/mpeg2dec-20030418.tar.bz2>.

 Remember that you don't have to compile the whole mpeg2dec, running
`make' in the libmpeg2 subfolder should be enough (and it usually
compiles without any problem). Then, configure VLC with `./configure
--with-libmpeg2-tree=/path/to/mpeg2dec/'.

--
Eric Petit <titer at videolan.org>