[vlc] Re: Using VLC with Clicker 1.5 or Romeo

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Tue Jun 3 22:41:52 CEST 2003

Well, if you use Mac OS X, then you can.

As far as i know, the clicker software allows you to send key commands
to applications.
VLC OS X has key command shortcuts for all major functions
(start/pause, stop, fast forward, volume up down, etc.)

You can also use applescript to send commands to VLC. Use the
ScriptEditor to inspect VLC's library. You need to postfix all commands
with "" to make it work. (i know not how it should be, but i don't
understand AppleScript ;)

For any other platforms, there is of course the lirc and rc remote
control interface. but i'm not sure if clicker is lirc compatible,
though i guess not. Besides that, i can't help you much. Any other
bluetooth users on the list ??

DJ

On dinsdag, jun 3, 2003, at 19:29 Europe/Amsterdam, Daan Purbrick wrote:
> First of all, thank you for producing such a fantastic product! It
> seems to play any kind of media file I have smoothly, I don't need
> anything else.
> I was wondering whether I could control VLC using my mobile phone
> (Bluetooth), like iTunes, using the clicker software, or romeo.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Daan
---
Videolan - VLC media player