[vlc] Re: Link-local multicasting still not working

gbazin at altern.org gbazin at altern.org
Fri Jun 6 12:20:40 CEST 2003

>I think that problem could be that client cannot join in
>ff02::1:3:1 multicast group, i dont know the reason for
>that. There must be a way to tell vlc to join in the group.

VLC should be joining the group properly (At least from my understanding of the code). My suspicion would rather go to a routing problem on the server side.

What do you get with a ping to the multicast address done on the server side ?
Can you also try when the client is connected ?
Do you have several network interfaces on the server ?

--
Gildas