[vlc] Re: Mozilla plugin

Alexis de Lattre alexis at via.ecp.fr
Sat Jun 14 15:07:34 CEST 2003

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003, Anne-Laure Selignan wrote :
> I'm working under redhat 7.3 and I would like to use the Mozilla plugin. I try to install it as it is descibed in the doc. Compiling and installation seem to be OK, there is no error messages. But when I try to use it in Mozilla, the browser doesn't find it. What should I do? What is required?

If you click on "Help / About plug-ins" in Mozilla, what does it say ?

Maybe that when you are under RedHat, the plugin-files are not copied in
the right directory when you do a "make install".

Under Debian, the following two files are installed :
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libvlcplugin.so
/usr/lib/mozilla/components/vlcintf.xpt

Good luck,

--
Alexis