[vlc] Re: ideas for future features

Olivier Teulière ipkiss at via.ecp.fr
Tue Jun 24 23:07:00 CEST 2003

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003, Karim Nassar wrote:
> * toggle a playlist shuffle mode.
> * a toggle to "pin" the main window so that it is always on top of
>   other windows
> * the ability to access all player functions through the skin XML
>   layer (ie: if I want have a button on the skin that turns on
>   subtitles)
> * effectively expand the number of "hooks" between the engine and the
>   skin to allow for fuller feature sets on skins.

Your suggestions are very good, but won't be easy to apply :-)
We are currently studying a new internal design for the skins engine,
and we will try to integrate these requirements.

> I would also be happy to write documentation on skinning features as
> they expand.

This could be really helpful.
For example, current documentation about the skins, on the web site,
should be migrated to the wiki (http://wiki.videolan.org/), so that all
users can update it (not only developpers).

--
Ipkiss