[vlc] No audio in MPEG2 TS file created with VLC streaming

Rett Walters rettw at rtwnetwork.com
Wed Jun 25 17:07:43 CEST 2003

Hello all:

I am playing around with creating MPEG2 Transport streams with VLC.  I have a VLS
server multicasting a DVD to a network.  On the network I have another machine
running  VLC who is listening to the stream and then re-streaming it to a file.

I can play back this file with VLC and everything is fine - however playing it back
with xine or other players results in no audio output when it is played back.

Is there something proprietary about the audio stream that videolan produces?

Any help or information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rett Walters

System info:

RH 8.0 on VLS server, running VLS 0.5.0, PIII850 512MB RAM
RH 7.3 on VLC workstation running VLC 0.5.3(compilied from source) PIII700, 512MB RAM