[vlc] Re: No audio in MPEG2 TS file created with VLC streaming

Bob Yeaw byeaw at widevine.com
Wed Jun 25 22:50:25 CEST 2003

I have the same problem, though I'm streaming to various hardware decoders.
I asked about it a while ago and was told that "VLS's way of streaming AC-3
isn't compliant to the standards so only (VLC) can read this, try streaming
with VLC if you want to multicast AC-3 audio."

I haven't had much success using vlc for multicasting dvd's but maybe it'll
work better for you.  (The overall quality has always been poor; pixelated
video, choppy audio and what not.)

good luck!

-bob

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information in this electronic mail
transmission contains confidential information intended only for the use of
the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is not
distribution or copy of the transmission is strictly prohibited.