[vlc] vlc-0.6.0 alsa problem [UPDATE]

Sebastien Fievet sebastien.fievet at free.fr
Wed Jun 25 23:19:04 CEST 2003

Hi again,

Despite various trials, i am still experiencing sound problems with VLC+ALSA.

According to what Sigmund Augdal replied to my previous post related to
vlc-0.6.0-test1,  i disabled SPDIF support (anyways, my old soundblaster 16
doesn't feature it...)  from the command line, and also through the GUI.
The result is as noisy as before, but the ALSA related message is
different:
    "[00000133] alsa audio output warning: unable to set stream sample
     size and word order, disabling linear PCM audio"

I am running ALSA driver+libs 0.9.2 (not 0.9.3 as i mentioned before).
By the way, could my problem be related to the way i compiled liba52?

Again, i attach a small log, hoping i will help...

Regards, Sebastien.