[vlc] Re: Xcard and VLC, question again

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Fri Mar 7 13:51:06 CET 2003

Bo-Erik Sandholm <bosse at snoddas.ericsson.se> wrote:

>Stupid question ?
>The new vlc0.5.1 can use directX in windows environement?

vlc has been supporting DirectX audio/video output for quite some time now.

>Is it possible to integrate the directshow calls into vlc to use
>a XCard as codec for mpg1,mpg2 amd mpg4 ?

It would be possible but would require writting a vlc plugin decoder that uses the XCard. This isn't trivial to do and would require some time and I don't think any of the developpers here will be interested in spending their time on this.

--
Gildas