[vlc] Delay on recording

Sabbia sabbia at libero.it
Sun Mar 16 18:43:52 CET 2003

Hi all, and many congratulations for Vlc.
I' trying to record a multicast stream by command line:

vlc udp:@IP:PORT --sout file/ps://D:\filename.mpeg

It makes a good quality mpeg, but the audio has a great delay (about 0,5 / 1
second). I have seen the desync tool in VLC and I used it with negative
values (-500 ms for example), but it doesn't work. Positive values increase
the delay.
I have tried 0.50, 0.51 and 0.52 versions, and the problem remains.
Obiously, if I watch the stream in real time, it works great and no delay
happens.

What do you think about?

I use WinXp, DirectX9

Bye