[vlc] Re: Delay on recording

Richard Lindahl tomte at bungholio.ulkhyvlers.net
Sun Mar 16 19:42:28 CET 2003

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 06:43:52PM +0100, Sabbia wrote:
> Hi all, and many congratulations for Vlc.
> I' trying to record a multicast stream by command line:
>
> vlc udp:@IP:PORT --sout file/ps://D:\filename.mpeg
>
> It makes a good quality mpeg, but the audio has a great delay (about 0,5 / 1
> second). I have seen the desync tool in VLC and I used it with negative
> values (-500 ms for example), but it doesn't work. Positive values increase
> the delay.
> I have tried 0.50, 0.51 and 0.52 versions, and the problem remains.
> Obiously, if I watch the stream in real time, it works great and no delay
> happens.
>
> What do you think about?
>
> I use WinXp, DirectX9
>
> Bye
> Sabbia

I have the exact same problem with the linuxclient.
Also tried 0.50, 0.51 and 0.52 versions, still no difference.

If it helps in anyway, I have an example mpeg2 available at
ftp://cornholio.ulkhyvlers.net/pub/DNE.mpg

But beware, its 1886316006 bytes all in all ;)

// Richard

--
"Its hard to be religious when certain people are never
 incinerated by bolts of lightning."

- Calvin & Hobbes