[vlc] UDP/RTP audio/video sync problems

GeoffP webmail-vl at rearden.com
Mon Mar 17 02:36:33 CET 2003

I've been trying to stream MPEG-2 TS files over UDP and RTP from one VLC
client to another. I've tried it with various size TS files, and every
combination between 2 Win32 clients and a OS X client (Win32 VLC to Win32
VLC, Win32 VLC to OS X VLC, OS X VLC to Win32 VLC. I always get the same
behavior: the audio is in sync at the beginning of the stream and gradually
gets further out of sync. The same TS files play perfectly in sync when they
are played locally on each machine.

Anyone done any UDP or RTP streaming from VLC to VLC? Perhaps I'm setting up
something wrong.

Thanks.