[vlc] Re: VLC for Qtopia

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Wed Mar 19 08:52:52 CET 2003

D. Cobb wrote:
> Please port VLC to Trolltech's Qtopia desktop, mainly
> for the Sharp Zaurus PDA.
> Keep up the excellent work on the Mac OS X port,  I
> use it all the time and find it much better than some
> of the commercial/shareware products that have already
> been available.

> http://platinum.yahoo.com

Try the zaurus packages at:
http://www.videolan.org/pub/vlc/ipkg-feed/armv4l/test/

It does not have an User Interface, but can be started from the
commandline like this:
zaurus-opie udp://@:1234  of zaurus-opie <myfile.mpg>

And please report upon your findings, because I do not have a Sharp
Zaurus PDA and cannot test vlc myself for this platform. I would love to
have a good Sharp Zaurus version of vlc. So please help.

If you have errors, crashes, etc. then send an errorlog file to the list
and we'll try to correct it. To produce an error log do, e.g.:

zaurus-vlc -vvvvvv <myfile.mpg> 2> /var/tmp/error.log

and send that logfile.

Thanks for your help.
--
Kind greetings,