[vlc] Re: Preferences under vlc-0.5.2 Windows

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Mar 20 11:55:18 CET 2003

On Thu, 20 Mar Christophe Massiot wrote:

>> You need to enable the advanced options in the preferences panel, save and restart vlc.
>
>I think we have a problem here. Many users do not find how to enable
>the advanced preferences.

I agree, but the problem comes from the interface plugins. They implement the advanced option as a quick hack (only considering it as a usual config option), whereas it should display an "Advanced options..." button that should take effect immediately when clicked on. (Maybe this button should be at the same level as the Ok, Cancel and Save buttons).

This is a job for the interface maintainers ;)

--
Gildas