[vlc] VLC 0.5.2 for Mac OSX does not stream as does VLC 0.5.2-win32.exe for PC. Is there any reason why ?

francois lesueur ouamme at wanadoo.fr
Thu Mar 20 13:49:07 CET 2003

hello,

first I have to thanks VLC team, because of the great comfort that
brought this player by stopping all the problems I was having with
Quicktime and divx codecs.

now, i would like to know if there is a solution for this problem:

I'm trying to stream throught UDP/RTP/Multicast as can do my other
roommates with their PCs, unfortunately my mac version does not show
anything, not even a bug report, here are the following messages that i
quote in "Messages":

main debug: CPU has capabilities FPU
main debug: looking for memcpy module
main debug: probing 1 candidate
main debug: using memcpy module "memcpy"
main debug: waiting for thread completion
main debug: thread 5234800 (playlist) created at priority -47
(src/playlist/playlist.c:79)
main debug: looking for interface module
main debug: probing 3 candidates
main debug: using interface module "macosx"
main debug: interface initialized
main debug: thread 29440912 (manager) created at priority -47
(src/interface/interface.c:118)
main debug: adding playlist item ´ udp://@239.113.1.15:11111 ª

Is the fact that I am on Mac OS 10.1.5 explains the problem ?

thks for your help ?