[vlc] Re: Windows version: can't connect to UDP/RTP streams

Matteo Santagata m.santagata at tiscali.it
Mon Mar 24 13:27:10 CET 2003

> What does the applet say?

"Sorry, uw verbinding heeft geen multicast ondersteuning"
I don't speak dutch, but I think I got the first word ;-)
I have a broadband internet connection, my network is a kind of  WAN.
The multicast server i want to connect to is internal to this WAN, and is
not accessible from outside of it.

> Using Linux do you connect to the same multicastgroup?

Absolutely, with no problem at all.

> [...] or your link is not multicast enabled.

If it was so, why does Linux version of VLC works correctly on my machine?

Thanks

Matteo