[vlc] Re: vlc and vod

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Tue Mar 25 10:26:51 CET 2003

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 03:21:03PM +0200, Teemu Toivonen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having problems with using the video on deman capabilities of vlc.
> According to the documentation it should be enough to place the mpeg files
> on the webserver, and then stream them for example with the command:
> vlc http://mycomputer.hut.fi/something.mpg
This is right, unfortunatly some bug sneaked in at some point and it stoped
working in some conditions.This have been fixed now, and you should try
again with the next release.
As a workaround you could try passing --http-caching with a smaller value
than the default. 800-500 should be better than the default of 1200.

Hopes this help

Sigmund