[vlc] Re: No video in iPAQ even WLAN is used to ensure enough bandwidth

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Tue Mar 25 20:53:03 CET 2003

Andrew leung wrote:
> Dear Jean Paul,
>
> mail.com again drop my email w/ attachment
> many of my email a/c also did something like that...
>
> is there any FTP site I may use to ftp my movie to you?

Try ftp://ftp.videolan.org/incoming with anonymous access. Upload a
sample video there.

> I have no problem in playing that movie on my desktop, and iPAQ opie-vlc play it smoothly IF the mpeg file is transferred to the iPAQ and stored first.

But you cannot stream it live right?

> That means my problem so far is still I can't play a "LIVE" movie captured by a web cam and stream out from the linux dekstop server running a program called ffmpeg. ffmpeg has no problem when stream video to other machine.

Ok now we are getting there. Try it again but monitor the network
throughput e.g; with iptraf and tell me the maximum bitrate on your
network card.

> Would you mind tell me more about vlms? what is it?
> are there any URLs?

Forget this for the moment. I doubt it will solve your problem.

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.