[vlc] Re: vlc-0.52: no audio output on Windows NT4.0

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Mar 26 18:52:39 CET 2003

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 15:00, Carl Kleffner wrote:
> hi,
>
> I have a problem with vlc-0.52: no audio on WinNT.
> vlc chooses alway 'dummy', regardless what I choose
> in the preferences. doesn't work with avi, mpeg, oggs ...

> vlc:  0.52 (win32)
> System: WinNT 4.0 SP 6, no admin access
> sound system: C-media PCI device

> waveOutOpen failed WAVERR_BADFORMAT
> waveOutOpen failed WAVERR_ALLOCATED
> cannot open waveout audio device

I've already seen this behaviour but I don't know what's happening exactly.
I don't have direct access to an NT4 machine so I can't do much.

But I know that the sdl audio output is working fine on NT4. This audio
output isn't included in the vlc 0.5.2 package but it is in this one:
http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/0.5.1/win32/vlc-0.5.1-win32-full.zip

Give it a go.

--
Gildas