[vlc] Re: MPEG streaming OK with opie-vlc and WLAN but not Bluetooth

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Sat Mar 29 14:18:23 CET 2003

I would conclude that bluetooth isn't really a serious transport for
multimedia. As a low speed perhipheral interconnect it's acceptable, ie my
headset talks to my phone ok and my phone talks to my laptop, but it's
just painfully slow for lots of other things it could be useful for, like
tranfering data off digital cameras or laptop to laptop file transfers.

I suspect that the biggest issues were simply that time to market was too
long and that ericsson was aiming for something to replace serial ports
and ir ports. not to build a high-performance network transport.

joelja

Joel Jaeggli	      Academic User Services   joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
--    PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E      --
  resort of the scoundrel.  With all due respect to an enlightened but