[vlc] Re: MPEG streaming OK with opie-vlc and WLAN but not Bluetooth

Andrew leung khleung at engineer.com
Sat Mar 29 17:46:08 CET 2003

Dear Jean - Paul,

Thank you!!!

do you know if MPEG - 2 has greater performance over MPEG - 1?

by the way, I find out a method to get a movie streaming (video + audio), though poor quality, better than nothing for Bluetooth, the way is to encode the movie with MPEG - 1 varible bit rate VBR, 32kbps for audio, max video >25k <50k, 1 frame / sec

(you can feel how this "movie" like :) )

WLAN is the best.

also, have you tried adding the command "quit" following "opie-vlc udp://xxxxx" to stop the movie after it finish? I cant make it :(

thanks,
Andrew

Thanks,
Andrew