[vlc] Re: [RFC] New icons for MacOSX

drunkenbatman lists at drunkenbatman.com
Sat May 3 20:32:34 CEST 2003

On Sat, 3 May 2003 14:27:37 +0200, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:
> Christoph Wild (aka xtoph) is proposing the following design.
> http://sidekick.student.utwente.nl/videolan/xtoph_icondesign2.jpg
>
> Davor, for your file-icons, i was thinking, to make the smiley
> 'transparent'. That will give the icon a 'lighter' feeling. Now if
> you have an entire folder filled with that icon, it's a bit 'loud' if
> you understand what i mean. too much color i think.

Q: I like the icons shown above a lot... but the only thing that would
worry me from a design stand point is how they would degrade at smaller
sizes. For an idea of this, look at the adobe icons compared to the
macromedia or microsoft icons for someone who has their dock set very
small... they end up looking a bit like a colored blob, and not really
icons because they're so busy. The current icon is immediately
recognizable at smaller sizes.

btw, great software... i just lurk on the list, but the above might be
something to keep in mind.