[vlc] Re: [RFC] New icons for MacOSX

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Sat May 3 14:27:37 CEST 2003

Christoph Wild (aka xtoph) is proposing the following design.
http://sidekick.student.utwente.nl/videolan/xtoph_icondesign2.jpg

Davor, for your file-icons, i was thinking, to make the smiley
'transparent'. That will give the icon a 'lighter' feeling. Now if you
have an entire folder filled with that icon, it's a bit 'loud' if you
understand what i mean. too much color i think.

And this of course:
On zaterdag, mei 3, 2003, at 01:15 Europe/Amsterdam, Boris Dorès wrote:
> On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 10:17:14PM (GMT+0200), Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:
>> blue smileys, for video(+audio)
>> .asf .dv .m1v(mpeg 1) .m2v(mpeg2) .mpeg .mpg .wmv .m4v (mpeg4) .divx
>> (==container (.avi) but better of here)
>   asf is a container. However, is it really necessary to differentiate
> containers from video files (especially since video files can contain
> audio and so are containers to some extent) ?

I think you are right, the difference is too little to the user.
so blue, red, green for video, audio, 'other' ??????

Basic colors rule ;)

>> grey smileys for subtitles, playlist, diskimages
>> .asx .cue .dat .bin .vob .m3u .pls .sub .srt
>   personnally, I would put .vob with video types (or containers).
> --
> babal - why am I talking about Mac features ? :)
---
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (thedj at users.sourceforge.net)
Co-Developer of the MacOS X port of vlc