[vlc] Re: vlc only as root

imre at molnar.info imre at molnar.info
Sun May 18 03:19:42 CEST 2003

Dear Alexis,

I have your tipps probed without success. I see following errors, if
I run vlc in Xterm:

----------------------------------
test at tina:~$ vlc
VideoLAN Client 0.5.3 Natalya
[00000169] main interface error: option frequency does not refer to a
string
[00000169] main interface error: option symbol-rate does not refer to
a string
[00000171] main input: playlist item
`file:///cdrom/samples/mpeg/elsa/lancom.mpg'
Gdk-ERROR **: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x2342)!
test at tina:~$

The "interface error" is under root present too, but as root works
all properly.

The "Gdk-ERROR..." is displayed only if I run vlc as normally user.
vlc crash after this message!

Thank you for your quick response, have you any idea?

With best regards

Imre Molnar