[vlc] [Ecartis <listar at via.ecp.fr>] Message submitted to 'vlc'

System administration admin at via.ecp.fr
Thu May 22 11:21:49 CEST 2003

----- Forwarded message from rchao <rchao at edu.xunta.es> -----

Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 23:37:44 +0200 (CEST)
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Roberto=20Chao=20Polo?= <apinewspaper at yahoo.es>
Subject: Re: [vlc] Compiling vlc source on Visual Studio 6.0
To: gbazin at altern.org, vlc at videolan.org

--0-269537519-1053553064=:39944

Bored with the remote control interface in the msvc
version?
IŽve been trying to add the wxwindows interface to the
vlc client (msvc version) following steps below.
Download from wxWindows web page
http://www.wxwindows.org/downld2.htm the source code
corresponding to Visual C++ 6.0.
Include Visual Studio project file
wxWindows_2.4.0\src\wxWindows.dsp into the vlc
workspace.
Remember to check the "Dependency of" option when
including the project. Obviously it depends of
plugin_wxwindows project.

I made some modifications to the plugin_wxwindows.dsp
file of vlc-snapshot-20030515 distribution as
wxWindows manual recommends. In the file
wxTutorial.pdf you have those hints.

Project builds without errors but when run I get Stack
Overflow when calling "p_intf->pf_run( p_intf )" at
line 124 in interfaces.c. If someone knows how to
solve help me.

Due to the difficulties of setting breakpoints and
debugging a Dll IŽd like to substitute some dynamic
linked libraries (plugins) with his static linked
libraries counterparts (builtin). IŽve read somewhere
in the source code functions like module_LoadBuiltins,
AllocateBuiltinModule, etc so I suppose itŽs possible.
What steps should I follow?

WhatŽs define GPROF? How can I use it?

The file messages.c contains a series of functions to
output messages like msg_Dbg. Can I get this messages
spread out all along the source code for debugging
information?

IŽm getting mad with reverse engineering all this
lines of code. ItŽd be more easy with a developer
documentation declaring the interfaces between vlc an
his plugins. If I want to build a new plugin IŽd know
what vlc expects from my library. For example What is
the basic function of a packetizer_like plugin? What
interfaces should it implement? All this questions are
of primary importance to help third party developers.
Did you have any documentation about it?

Thank you

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es

------------ File plugin_wxwindows.dsp stripped by admin -----------