[vlc] Re: Reports on 5.1 audio with VLC-win32 ?

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Sun May 25 10:17:52 CEST 2003

> >> - On that matter: in Plugins/Video Filter/Adjust I tried setting
> >> Brightness, Saturation, Contrast, all without any perceivable results...
> >> Am I doing something wrong ??
> >>

> >You need to enable the "adjust" filter in the preferences panel in the
> >"video" section.
>
> Tricky... 'Enable' = 'choose'.  Only 1 filter at a time, correct ?
> Suggestion: Give them the same name and sequence in the video section as in the
> Plugins/Video Filter  Section.
>
> Of course I tried it, but: You only seem to be able to select Integer values!
> Now a brightness or a contrast of 2 (instead of 1) was WAY too much. Messed my dark
> video up completely.
>
> Suggestions: slider controls (e.g. in addition), float values that work (or a bigger integer
> range, e.g. 100=normal, 0=black, 200=white or something like that), Instant Feedback
> (Sample Frame (e.g. the current one) updated with the values you're about to 'save')

the adjust filter  store the contrast, brightness and saturation values as
floats with range 1-2 for contrast and brightness and 1 -3 for saturation.
The hue value is an integer with values from 0 to 360. This mean that you
can provide float values, though you may have to write them in. Using a
slieder for these values are easy (I did it for the kde interface), and I'm
sure that will come soon unless someone finds a better way to do it.

Video filters are also stackable, but I know most interfaces don't implement
this functionality. If the interface has a textinput belove the filter
selction area, where the selected filter appear you could try to manually
edit this string to give a comma separated list of modules. Otherwise you'll
have to use the command line. "vlc --filter deinterlace,adjust" should work.

Sigmund