[vlc] Re: 4:3 VCDs on 16:9 display without black bars

Anatoly R. emulynx at delfi.lv
Mon May 26 09:56:37 CEST 2003

Hello David,

Monday, May 26, 2003, 12:34:06 AM, you wrote:

RD> I've had this same issue, as I have a wide screen TV.
RD> I downloaded as many "media players" as I could find - I found one
RD> that does the job nicely.

RD> Try mplayer classic, it allows you to change the aspect ratio -
RD> there's also a setting for 16:9 aspect.

I was already discussing that with people here.
Keypad resize capabilities is "a must". My father has widescreen TV
and the only player which satisfies him so far is mplayer classic.

If vlc will have such neat feature in vlc-0.6.0 final release it will
be awesome and allow to really enjoy dvds with different aspect ratios
on different tvs/monitors.

--
Lynx,
http://foo.lynx.lv                          mailto:emulynx at delfi.lv