[vlc] Re: Compiling vlc source on Visual Studio 6.0

Roberto apinewspaper at yahoo.es
Tue May 27 00:30:17 CEST 2003

Hello Bazin,

Last mail you told me to remove /entry:"_CRT_INIT at 12" option from wxwindow
plugin project and now the wxwindow dialog with menus and buttons appears on
the screen. The problem now is that something must be wrong inside one loop
cause the debugger shows continuos lines whith "First-chance exception in
vlc.exe (PLUGIN_WXWINDOWS.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation." Nevertheless
there´s no problem when user interacts with buttons, but when one tries to
click one menu option this first-chance exeception converts in an unhandled
exception and program goes down.

Using only the buttons I´m not able to make my vlc msvc builded to play a
simple file adrian.mpeg. Using the precompiled Win32 version of vlc and
executing:

vlc --intf rc adrian.mpeg

I can see:

[00000158] rc interface: VLC media player - version 0.5.3 Natalya - (c)
1996-200
3 VideoLAN
[00000158] rc interface:
Warning: if you can't access the GUI anymore, open a dos command box, go to
the
directory where you installed VLC and run "vlc -I win32"

remote control interface initialized, `h' for help
[00000159] main input: playlist item `adrian.mpeg'
[00000159] main input: EOF reached
[00000159] access_file input: closing `/://adrian.mpeg'

and indeed the images appear on the screen but when I try to do the same
with my compiled version the messages are very different and it don´t show
images at all. (I´m sure adrian.mpeg is in the same directory)

[00000067] unknown interface: VideoLAN Client - version snapshot-20030515
Nataly
a - (c) 1996-2003 VideoLAN
[00000067] unknown interface:
Warning: if you can't access the GUI anymore, open a dos command box, go to
the
directory where you installed VLC and run "vlc -I win32"

remote control interface initialized, `h' for help
[00000068] unknown input: playlist item `adrian.mpeg'
[00000068] unknown input error: no access module matched "any"
[00000068] unknown input error: no suitable access module for
`/://adrian.mpeg'

Do you know any possible cause for this to happen?