[vlc] Re: Zaurus 5500 - No Sound?

Masiyowski, John jmasiyowski at raytheon.com
Thu Nov 6 17:51:47 CET 2003

> From: Jean-Paul Saman [mailto:saman at natlab.research.philips.com]
>
> Masiyowski, John wrote:
> >  > From: Jean-Paul Saman [mailto:saman at natlab.research.philips.com]
> >  > Could you shutdown Opie GUI? and try from the commandline the
> >  > following:
> >
> > I did not have the built-in media player running.
>  > I am not sure how to shutdown the Opie GUI....
> I meant to shutdown the QT/windowing server from Opie.
> Usually this is a
> script under /etc/init.d, but you could also do: "init 3"
> probably. This
> switches the unix system in network mode without graphical
> user interface.
>

> But do not bother the functionality I need from VLC to debug
> it this is
> only available in vlc version 0.6.0 and up. Instead we need to taken
> another route.
>
> Could you kill the sound sever and then run vlc?

I do not know how to do this exactly.  Looked at the processes running and
the only process that I thought was close was sdmgr, which may be the SD
Card manager.
Did not find any GUI setting to turn of the sound manager specifically.
Can you direct me on how to shutdown the sound manager specifically?  I am a
novice with the Sharp Zaurus and Linux.

> --
> Kind greetings,
>
> Jean-Paul Saman