[vlc] Re: Zaurus 5500 - No Sound?

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Thu Nov 6 20:28:16 CET 2003

Masiyowski, John wrote:

> > Could you kill the sound sever and then run vlc?
>
> I do not know how to do this exactly.  Looked at the processes running
> and the only process that I thought was close was sdmgr, which may be
> the SD Card manager.
>
> Did not find any GUI setting to turn of the sound manager specifically.
> Can you direct me on how to shutdown the sound manager specifically?
> I am a novice with the Sharp Zaurus and Linux.

John,

Thanks for your patience. I do not have a Zaurus at hand and never had
which makes helping you a whole lot harder. Never the less I'd like to
solve this problem for you.

Could you do a: "ps aeux > /var/process.log" for me? and send the
output. I probably can identify the sound server for you and tell you
howto kill it ;-)

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman

VLC iPaq Maintainer.