[vlc] Re: Zaurus 5500 - No Sound?

Masiyowski, John jmasiyowski at raytheon.com
Mon Nov 10 18:59:13 CET 2003

Jean,

got the Zaurus reloaded..  sometimes when I do a reboot, the Zaurus hangs,
the screen display goes wackey and the only way to recover is to do a hard
reset.  This hang up happened after I installed the QPE terminal
application.

> The trouble here is that there is no GUI on OPIE yet for VLC.
> I have one
> person who is interested in doing this work, albeit I
> currently do not
> know his status.
> The other problem is that VLC opie version uses the complete screen
> without a window ;-). Then indeed you cannot close the
> application. I'll
> try to correct this behaviour before the next releas, but cannot make
> promisses.

Whatever you can do will be greatly appreciated...

> The situation however will become better when there is a GUI
> under OPIE
> (only needs time or some one to work on it). The CVS version already
> includes RTSP support for VLC, so the server can then trigger
> VLC that a
> stream has ended.

This will help.

Let me bring up another scenario where by it is good for the vlc to be able
to timeout.
If the network connection between the vlc and the server (vlc or vls) is
broken (which can happen when vlc is either the iPAQ or Zaurus using a WLAN
connection) and cannot be re-eastalished, then the message from the server
cannot be delivered.  Thus, the client is waiting indefinately...