[vlc] Re: Zaurus 5500 - No Sound?

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Tue Nov 11 09:16:29 CET 2003

Masiyowski, John wrote:
> Jean,

Looks like a clash in libraries ? Or a memory problem I noticed you only
had 30 MB as memory is that correct or a wrong setting??

"Kernel command line: root=/dev/mtdblock0 mem=30M"

It seems to me like a little low on memory. I would expected it to have
about 64MB of memory not 32MB.

>  > The situation however will become better when there is a GUI
>  > under OPIE
>  > (only needs time or some one to work on it). The CVS version already
>  > includes RTSP support for VLC, so the server can then trigger
>  > VLC that a
>  > stream has ended.
>
> This will help.
>
> Let me bring up another scenario where by it is good for the vlc to be
> able to timeout.
> If the network connection between the vlc and the server (vlc or vls) is
> broken (which can happen when vlc is either the iPAQ or Zaurus using a
> WLAN connection) and cannot be re-eastalished, then the message from the
> server cannot be delivered.  Thus, the client is waiting indefinately...

Yep, but if you got some connection back you'd like to continue watching
without hassle ;-). Anyway with a GUI the user would have a choice of
stopping the application and without ...... well you know ;-)

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

VLC iPaq maintainer