[vlc] no sound reading vcd using MAC OS Panther!!

Guido Roberto Carballo Guerrero charras at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Nov 12 05:43:38 CET 2003

I have a PowerPc G4, with dual processor of 867 MHz, and 512 MB DDR
SDRAM, running Mac OS Panther.

I have install vlc 0.6.2. With vlc I can see DVDs, or any kind of video
without any problem. But whenever I try to see a vcd file it just
doesn't work, well I can see the video, but with no audio. Does any
body knows how can I fix this?

Thanks

Guido Roberto Carballo Guerrero
PhD. Student
Mechanical Engineering
University of Texas at Austin

phone: 512-785-7971

It is common to consider failure as the enemy of success.  And it is
not so.
Failure is perhaps a cruel teacher, but unimprovable, that drives us
toward
success, if we are capable of asking ourselves, "why did I fail?" and to
examine until finding the reason.

Es común considerar el fracaso como el enemigo del éxito. Y no es así.
El fracaso es quizás un maestro cruel, pero inmejorable, que nos
conduce al
éxito, si es que somos capaces de preguntarnos "¿por que fracasé? y de
escudriñar hasta hallar la razón.

T.J.Watson

Alternate email:charras4 at hotmail.com