[vlc] Re: Problem with VLC and Framebuffer

Andreas Krings andreas.krings at rwth-aachen.de
Wed Nov 19 18:39:43 CET 2003

Oh, you are right. There isn't a module that could be do the
framebuffer-output. But i did not compile VLC on my own. I downloaded it
from your site with the Debain Paket System (apt-get install gnome-vlc).
I am using Debian unstable and Knoppix 3.3 on my two systems. So are all
Debain-compiled Binarys are without framebuffer-support included??
If so, can you please give me a hint or tip what i need to compile for
the Deban version and which of the libaries can be kept on my system?? -
Is there a way to insert the module with only compiling vlc without the
other things and to put it after that in my package-system (APT and DPKG)??

Much thanks for your fast good help!

greetings

Andreas