[vlc] Re: Question about Buffer size

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Fri Nov 28 16:18:11 CET 2003

VLC buffers a certain amount of video-time, so the byte size of the buffer
depends on the bitrate of the move. The exact time buffered depends on the
input method (file and udp uses 300ms by default. http uses 1200ms) and can
be changed using --file-caching --udp-caching --http-caching etc, or
matching elements in the gui (settings->preferences->plugins->access)

Sigmund