[vlc] Question about Buffer size

Takeshi tt2 at rc5.so-net.ne.jp
Fri Nov 28 15:05:32 CET 2003

Hi,

I am wondering how many bytes VLC is buffering before it starts decoding
the video stream.

When VLC starts receiving video stream, the VLC doesn't start decoding.
Instead, it starts buffering.
Could you tell me how long (or how many bytes) VLC is buffering packets
before it start decoding?

And could you tell me how we can modify those buffering sizes?

Best Regards,
Takeshi

Takeshi Takahashi (M.Eng.)
Waseda University, Japan
  Global Information and Telecommunication Studies
Tampere University of Technology, Finland
  Institute of Communications Engineering
Cell : +358 40 741 1154
Address : Insinoeoerinkatu 60 D 235 solu A 33720 Tampere
Email : take at tom.comm.waseda.ac.jp
Web : http://www.tom.comm.waseda.ac.jp/~take/