[vlc] More Success

Les LaZar llazar at zoltech.com
Sun Nov 30 01:22:26 CET 2003

Good news.  The following command:

vlc stream:/dev/video0:channel=1:norm=ntsc

works!  more or less....

There is a latency of about 1 second from the video capture until the display on the screen.  Also, from time to time I get messages from vlc in the terminal window:  ...main video output warning:  late picture skipped...  This happens when I do something relatively CPU intensive, like dragging the VLC Client dialog box from place to place on the same screen that the video is displaying.  Increasing the display window size (by dragging a corner until a black border is visible on four sides of the live video frame) also leads to multiple "late picture skipped" messages, even after mouse activity has stopped.

Still, this is progress <S>.

Les