[vlc] Re: Help needed on the Windows Installer

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sun Nov 30 21:15:15 CET 2003

On Sunday 30 November 2003 20:50, Zorik wrote:
> Sorry Gildas, No NSI file there... :(

Hmmm, I downloaded http://vthr.via.ecp.fr/~videolan/build/win32/
vlc-win32-200311292224.zip and I do have the nsi file in there.

> Anyway, I got a copy from Bill Eldridge, and I got the general idea.
> I am rewriting the entire setup with the Modern UI and modifying the setup
> to include additional components - register handled extensions, install
> mozilla plugin etc.

Cool, that is even better than what I expected :)

> As many of us here are volunteers, I don't spend much time on this during
> the week, but I hope to have a bare-bones setup untill the weekend, just
> to show the overall look and feel of the new setup...

No problem, that will be soon enough. We don't expect to release the final
0.7.0 version before about 3 weeks anyway.

> I'd also like to create the setup with multilingual support, so I would
> appreciate if those whose mother tongue is not English will help me
> translate all the needed stuff.

I'm sure people will be happy to help you out on this.

Thanks for your help :)

--
Gildas