[vlc] DVD-playing is non-smooth (losing single frames) / Mac OS X

Niklas B=?ISO-8859-1?B?5A==?=umer n.baeumer at hff-potsdam.de
Wed Oct 1 15:10:50 CEST 2003

I would like to use the VLC Player (0.6.2) on my Macintosh iBook, mainly to
watch DVDs (don´t like Apples DVD player very much). But there´s the problem
with lost frames which means a non-smooth playing. Yes, I read the FAQ which
say, that this is a problem with slow CPUs. But this is a new iBook, with a
800 MHz PowerPC G3 and 256 MB Memory (Mac OS X 10.2.6). Is it really a
problem with the CPU? Is there anything I can do about it?

Thank you for every help,

Niklas