[vlc] Re: Using VLC as a ts2ps conversion tool from commandline

rettw at rtwnetwork.com rettw at rtwnetwork.com
Wed Oct 8 16:45:03 CEST 2003

> Can you give an usage sample ? I have a ts file save from a stream send by
> vls
> that  i would like to convert.

vlc --sout file/ps://<dest ps file> file/://<input file>

Seems to work ok - you will have to kill vlc when its done, also note I am
using a CVS version of vlc from a couple of weeks back - the current CVS
seems to want to convert my MPEG2/AC3 stream's audio to MPEG4, instead of
keeping it A52.

Also - In response to the suggestion from Stephan below - dvb-mpegtools
doesn't convert vlc created ts files or HDTV ts files from over the air
broadcast correctly - the audio gets lost (I have tried libdvb-0.5.0)

Rett