[vlc] How much is stream bandwidth?

Srikanth Uppala kanth at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 11 02:46:27 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm streaming a simple DVD from VLC to a VLC client
using UDP (unicast).  However, I'm unable to tell the
bandwidth requirements for such a stream. How can I
find out how much traffic is flowing between the two
at anytime?

Also, when I select the Video Codec and/or Audio Codec
options, specify bandwidth limits and try to play the
DVD locally, the video freezes almost immediately.  My
intent in doing this is to be able to specify the max
bandwidth.  If it had played locally, I wanted to try
streaming the same selections. See file attached for
error msgs I recevied.

Thx

http://shopping.yahoo.com