[vlc] Re: How much is stream bandwidth?

Srikanth Uppala kanth at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 12 19:04:12 CEST 2003

Hi,

Thanks for the information.  I've a laptop running at
1.8Mhz w/ 512MB ram.  I'm surprised that is not enough
:-)

Unfortunately, in my situation, I cannot have more
than 1Mbps in bandwidth for DVD streaming. Are there
any "tricks" I can use to transfer at these rates,
perhaps at a cost to dvd quality etc.,?  I dont
believe there is any fancy graphics card in the laptop
(whatever comes standard with IBM T30).  Would a
better card help?

If not VLC, are you familiar with any other software
(either freeware or commercial) that may be able to
help my situation?

Thanks for your time!