[vlc] Major problem with the sound

Psycho Ph degreane at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 07:31:05 CEST 2003

Good Morning guys.

Well I have spent most of the night trying to figure
out a way to be able to stream audio out of my tv
tuner :( unfortunately i couldn't manage to get an
inch closer to the problem maybe i was looking into
vlc while it might have been something else in linux
drivers........

I used vls to stream from the tuner well sure it gave
me a better video image result yet the same problem
with the sound ,,,, are you sure its /dev/dsp oss
sound we should be using ????????

shouldn't be there a device other than /dev/dsp like
/dev/mixer or /dev/audio something that solves at
least to record the voice from the tv tuner to a
seperate file ......
is there a way to test whether the sound recording
works fine on the system ......

One more thing when i try to stream from a vcd the
same problem well not actually the same but the audio
is very chopy and like blblblblblblbl all the
time........

i was trying to stream out of a dvd movie but i want
to go to a very low bandwidth possible since if i want
to stream to my friend accross the neighboorhood i
have to pass through Qos linux server running TC
(traffic shaping) whom i finally convinced the
administrator there to give me a sieling of 1Mbps
accross the two subnets ... so what codec should be
used to change dvd to mpeg4 of a low bandwidth but
acceptable result....

thanks
Best Regards
F.B.