[vlc] Re: [MOD]Re: Major problem with the sound

Psycho Ph degreane at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 18 12:33:14 CEST 2003

yes i managed to get sound with streamed video ,

I let vls manage the pvr and i tried to capture the
stream with vls and voila there was sound choppy and
lots of startcode error something.... but it was audio
of the movie, "Brave Heart", it was played,
nevertheless am going to compile everything from the
begining and pay much attention to the warnings and
recomendations ,,,, ,,,,

one more thing ....

Sometimes vlc doesn't free bytes and displayes a
message in the log

blabla  bytes not freed suspect memory leek , or
something..... I didn't memorise it but i have the vlc
compiled last monday so check it out ......

One More thing I know I ask too much but this is me,
:) I need a full coverage on the codecs used with vlc
especially vcodec=.... cause it seems the only codec i
can use to be able to stream video is mpgv ,,, i was
never able to stream with mpg4v ,,, never theless also
when i use a local file on the harddisk and stream it
i usually put "acodec=mp3,ab=128" but when i look in
the log i see mpga with 48000 Mhz and 384 Kb which
brings also questions and suspects to my curious
mind.....

Thanks
Best Regards
F.B