[vlc] DVD menu support error

Sebastien Fievet sebastien.fievet at free.fr
Sat Oct 18 13:53:07 CEST 2003

Hi,

I am experiencing troubles with a DVD i never tried to play with the VLC
(starship troopers, zone 1). VLC dies badly (core dump) right after the so
called "federal warnings", failling to catch the menu up.
If i jump forward, and go directly to chapter 2 during the  "federal
warnings", the movie plays smoothly... but i miss the begining.

I have already had the same kind of problem with an other zone 1 movie : The
lord of the Rings : the fellowship of the ring, expanded set. This one works
well, but start directly playing the movie without ever passing by the initial
menu...

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix it?

Just in case, below are the versions of the various things i use :
   - VLC-0.6.2,
   - libdvdcss-1.2.8,
   - libdvdread-20030418,
   - libdvdplay-1.0.1.