[vlc] Re: VLC && TV tuner : solution && question

Alexander Isacson alexander at isacson.info
Thu Oct 23 13:55:27 CEST 2003

Thank you!

I finally got it working as well. My errors where that the only audio
codec that worked was a52. With mpga, for example, I get this error:

[00000178] stream_out_transcode private debug: creating audio
transcoding from fcc=`s16l' to fcc=`mpga'
[00000178] stream_out_transcode private error: cannot open encoder
[00000178] stream_out_transcode private error: cannot create audio chain
[00000176] packetizer_copy decoder error: cannot add a new stream

Does anyone know why?

Another issue I had was with the mixer settings. I had to enable Rec on
the "capture" channel and the line-in channel on my SB Live card. It was
a mess.

My question is now how do I know which frequency the channels are on?
Looking at the station-list for tv-time it says the following:

    <station name="TV4" active="1" position="4" band="VHF E2-E12"
channel="E10" finetune="0" norm="PAL" xmltvid="27.dagenstv.com"/>
    <station name="Kanal5" active="1" position="5" band="VHF S1-S41"
channel="S13" finetune="0" norm="PAL" xmltvid="10.dagenstv.com"/>

What should I put in the frequency on the vlc command-line?

Thanks for you hard work. Great player, enoder, streamer etc..
/Alexander Isacson

--
Alexander Isacson <alexander at isacson.info>