[vlc] Re: Detailed documentation and manual

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Fri Oct 24 19:28:11 CEST 2003

On Friday 24 October 2003 15:27, Psycho Ph wrote:
> HI guys ,,,, Most of My questions are being around the
> codecs and also Noticed others asking almost the main
> questions regarding vcodecs and acodecs pacetizers and
> stuff .... why its not already in the manual ,,, Is it
> possible to update the manuals and how-to and add
> these information....

We would of course welcome any contribution on the documentation.

> One More thing !
> How can anyone change the packetizer and use another
> packetizer !!!! I always get :
>  packetizer_mpegvideo private: Running mpegvideo
> packetizer
> while I want to use mp3g4video packetizer or whatso
> ever that can encode and decode in mp4v codec!?????

A packetizer is not an encoder! A packetizer is used on the incoming stream
(which in your case is mpegvideo so the packetizer has to be mpegvideo as
well) to split it in nicely formatted packets that a muxer (if not
transcoding) or the transcoder can understand.

--
Gildas