[vlc] Playing DVD on Mac OS X

Andrea Cogliati AndreaC at gotech.it
Mon Sep 1 11:02:09 CEST 2003

Guys,

I'm trying to use vlc 0.6.1 to play DVDs from different regions (mainly
region 1 and 2) on my Macs but I didn't have any success. My DVD players
are set to region 1. When I try to play a region 2 DVD, I always get
this error message:

main: failed allocating a new buffer (decoder stuck)?

I tried on a PowerBook G4 with UJ-815 player and on a iMac with
GCA-4020B player.

I've read somewhere that this could be caused by the drive faling to
provide access to DVD RAW data. Can someone confirm this? Is there any
workaround?

Ciao,

Andrea