[vlc] BSOD - Blue Screen of Death - Window's version

Jeremy Ardley jeremy at electrosilk.net
Mon Sep 1 16:11:26 CEST 2003

Hi,

Using the latest windows version from the web site ( 0.6.2 wxWindows
Interface - 1 Sep 03) I get mixed results.

On two machines based on AMD processors under Win 2K I get expected
performance when I play my reference MPEG2 clip

On two other machines - Win2k and Pentium processor - I get instant BSOD
when I play my reference mpeg2 clip.

The failures occur shortly after I press play on the clip.  It appears to go
full screen - though that was not set - and then I get the BSOD and
automatic reboot.

The machines are all in a managed network environment with regular upgrades
to the latest service packs.

I have looked at google, but got no hits.

Any suggestions on where to look?  What other information should I get to
trace the bug down?

Jeremy