[vlc] Region 2 DVD Problem

Sal & Teri stserio at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 19:20:06 CEST 2003

Was wondering if anyone could help?  I've got a Gateway Computer with a Pentium III processor (1 MHz) and the DVD player is a Matshita DVD_ROM SR-8586 drive.

Well I'm using VLC and just received a Region 2 DVD and it plays the opening screen (VAIL Music) then the copyright screen then it just stops.  I've tried changing quite a few setting in the preferences, but still get the same results.  This is the first non-Region 1 DVD I've tried to play.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sal